Blue Universities & Highschools
Since the University of Bern became a Blue Community as the first Swiss university in September 2013, other universities and colleges have joined:
- University of Bern (September 2013) --> Information UBE as a Blue Community
- University of St. Gallen (September 2016) --> HSG 2023 report on its water-related activities (German only)
- St. Gallen University of Teacher Education (September 2016) --> Information under Sustainable University
- Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences (September 2016)
- University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons (July 2018) --> Information under Sustainability
- University of Zurich (May 2022) --> Information in the Sustainability Report 2023
The universities and colleges thus form their own cluster within the Blue Community network and also network with each other. In part, the universities are simply a Blue Community as an institution. At some universities, however, specific departments are additionally involved. At the University of Zurich, for example, these are the Department of Geography, Hydrology and Climate, the Commission for Sustainability with the UZH Sustainability Team and the UZH Center for Human Rights Studies (MRZ).
There is also cooperation and exchange with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH in Zurich and with the research institute of the ETH, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology Eawag.
This Blue University network has been joined by universities abroad that have become a Blue Community in recent years:
- Brescia University College, Ontario, Canada
- Cegep de Saint-Jérôme, Québec, Canada
- Huron University College, London, Ontario, Canada
- McGill University, Québec, Canada
- Philipps-Universität in Marburg, Germany
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná, Brasil
- University of St. Michael’s College, in the University of Toronto, Canada
- Universidad de Leon, Spain
- Universidade Federal de Lavras, Brasil
In France, a Université Bleu project is in preparation, involving the Sorbonne and other universities.
The Blue University network is open to all universities and colleges that make a self-declaration of their commitment to the Blue Community.
We welcome any new member to the network.
Contact to single universities/colleges and information about the network by mail: Roland Brunner